Register now to compete in the 2023 Columbia Forklift Challenge!
CFC online registration CFC Registration information and form
Chris Evans, Boise Cascade Elgin
Elias Cobb, ABC Roofing Company
Andy Ibbotson, Preferred Freezer
Compete in the 2019 CFC on Wednesday, March 6!
Skilled forklift drivers, both in teams and individually, will compete in the Columbia Forklift Challenge at the Oregon Governor’s Occupational Safety and Health (GOSH) Conference. Judges will assess drivers’ ability to safely operate a forklift during a variety of timed challenges. The obstacles include tight slalom runs, precise loading/unloading using pallets, racking, and other props. Cash prizes range from $200 to $500.
Entry deadline February 8, 2019 – Event limited to 35 drivers
Register to compete!
Download the printable registration form
2023 Columbia Forklift Challenge
Wednesday, March 8, 2023
Congratulations to the 2023 Columbia Forklift Challenge winners!
The 2023 Columbia Forklift Challenge (CFC) concluded to a resounding success. A total of 23 competitors representing various industries in Oregon and Washington tested their skills and knowledge of safe forklift operations through a challenging course involving intricate maneuvering, precise stacking, and rolling a bowling ball in hopes of a strike – the CFC’s signature task.
- First: David Polendey, Timber Products Company
- Second: Andrew Ibbotson, Lineage Logistics
- Third: Mitchell Bivens, Nortek Air Solutions
- Timber Products Company (Dyrk Dorris, David Polendey, Ryan Ruska)
2019 Columbia Forklift Challenge
Wednesday, March 6, 2019
Congratulations to the 2019 Columbia Forklift Challenge winners!
- First: Chris Evans, Boise Cascade Elgin ($500)
- Second: Elias Cobb, ABC Roofing Company ($350)
- Third: Andy Ibbotson, Preferred Freezer ($200)
- Team prize: Boise Cascade, Elgin; Chris Evans, Shane Largent, Casey Largent ($450, divided among three drivers)
2017 Columbia Forklift Challenge
Wednesday, March 8, 2017
Congratulations to the 2017 Columbia Forklift Challenge winners!
- First: Chris Evans, Boise Cascade, Elgin ($500)
- Second: Jack Stockhoff, Boise Cascade Particleboard, La Grande ($350)
- Third: Neil Caylor, Americold ($200)
- Team prize: Hyster-Yale Group ($450, divided among three drivers)