March 6-9, 2023
Oregon Convention Center - Portland, Oregon
The largest safety and health conference in the Northwest, Oregon GOSH offers educational opportunities that equal the best in the country. The event attracts nationally known speakers, offering 160 workshops and sessions and more than 125 booths showing the latest safety and health products and services. An awards ceremony and luncheon to acknowledge safety and health leaders in Oregon marks the conclusion of the conference. Past conference attendance has exceeded 2,500 people.
The conference is a joint effort of the American Society of Safety Professionals - Columbia-Willamette Chapter, Oregon OSHA, and labor and businesses in Oregon and southwest Washington.
Injury prevention is a common thread throughout every workplace, yet keeping employee safety and health knowledge current is a continual challenge for all employers.
GOSH is a valuable, affordable opportunity to learn the latest in occupational safety and health, network with others across a number of industries, and visit with exhibitors offering products and services to help with workplace injury prevention programs.
Marking its 37th biennial year, Oregon GOSH offers a national quality conference at a regional price and location.
- Held every other year in Portland, Ore. First conference was held in 1944.
- In 2019, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday breakout sessions are $130 per day. Topics range from basic to advanced.
- In 2019, Pre-conference workshops (half day) on Monday are $75 each.
- 125 exhibit booths with the latest products and services.
- More than 1,600 participants are expected.
Note: 2023 pricing has not been determined.
The goal of the conference is to provide an educational forum where employers, safety and health professionals, safety committee members, line supervisors, manufacturers, and distributors can come to gain state of the art knowledge and skills leading to self-sufficiency in their occupational safety and health programs. Attendees come from all industries and class topics cover a broad range of timely safety and health issues.
Tracks/topic areas for improving your workplace safety and health
- Communication and Training
- Craft Brewing
- Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Emerging Industry: Cannabis
- Emerging Issues
- Environment and Hazardous Waste
- Fleet/Motor Vehicle Safety
- Food Industry
- General Industry
- Industrial Hygiene
- Occupational Health/Medicine
- Regulatory/Legal Issues
- Risk Management
- Safety Leadership
- Safety Committees
- Safety and Health Management
- Total Worker Health
- Workers’ Compensation
- Workplace Violence