Compete in the 2019 CFC on Wednesday, March 6!
Skilled forklift drivers, both in teams and individually, will compete in the Columbia Forklift Challenge at the Oregon Governor’s Occupational Safety and Health (GOSH) Conference. Judges will assess drivers’ ability to safely operate a forklift during a variety of timed challenges. The obstacles include tight slalom runs, precise loading/unloading using pallets, racking, and other props. Cash prizes range from $200 to $500.
Entry deadline February 8, 2019 – Event limited to 35 drivers
2017 Columbia Forklift Challenge
Wednesday, March 8, 2017
Congratulations to the 2017 Columbia Forklift Challenge winners
Skilled forklift drivers demonstrated safe practices while navigating an obstacle course during the Columbia Forklift Challenge. The individual and team winners, who received cash prizes, are as follows:
- First: Chris Evans, Boise Cascade, Elgin ($500)
- Second: Jack Stockhoff, Boise Cascade Particleboard, La Grande ($350)
- Third: Neil Caylor, Americold ($200)
- Team prize: Hyster-Yale Group ($450, divided among three drivers)
2015 Columbia Forklift Challenge
Wednesday, March 11, 2015
Congratulations to the 2015 Columbia Forklift Challenge winners:
Drivers maneuvered through obstacles, tight turns, and showcased their skill and safety awareness in the biennial Columbia Forklift Challenge. One of the highlights of the course was when drivers finished with the task of rolling a bowling ball off a pallet toward pins approximately 20 feet away. The individual and team winners, who received cash prizes, are as follows:
- First: Neil Caylor (Americold)
- Second: Andrew Ibbotson (Americold)
- Third: Randy Langwell (Americold)
- Team prize: Americold, Lynden, Wash.